The Crossing at Ghost River is excited to present the next weekend in our Summer Weekend Experience series! Our Ranching in the Ghost Valley from Past to Present weekend is coming up on July 3-4.
Take this opportunity to get out of the city for an exclusive weekend getaway! Come explore one of Alberta’s hidden gems with an overnight experience at The Crossing paired with a private ranch tour. Experience the land and listen to the stories that shaped the Ghost Valley while visiting a sustainable ranching operation and learning about its ranching history. Your weekend includes dinner, overnight accommodation, breakfast, packed lunch, in addition to an interactive tour and history talk of a local ranching operation.
Your getaway begins on Saturday with a leisurely afternoon check-in. After settling in, enjoy walking to the river, lounging in the living room or taking in the sunshine on the deck. Join us for a wonderful evening meal in the Remington Dining Room at 6:30pm. Following dinner, there will be a ranching presentation in the Pine Loft at 8:00pm. Spend the rest of your Saturday evening relaxing with an overnight stay in our serene and charming Inn.
After enjoying a hearty breakfast on Sunday, pick up your packed lunch and then depart for your interactive ranching experience. Following your arrival at the ranch, you will commence your tour and history talk. Enjoy your picnic lunch at noon and depart the ranch by 1:30 pm.
YOUR HISTORY & RANCH EXPERIENCE
The entire Ghost area is rich on history. You will hear what it was like to settle in the area one hundred years ago. While walking on the ranch, you will explore the unique landscape, riparian structure and how the land is being used for sustainable grazing. Learn what it takes to operate a sustainable ranching operation by seeing it firsthand. The ranch is home to several old buildings that are full of interesting stories. This will be a fascinating weekend that will not disappoint your curiosity. The Crossing at Ghost River and our local ranch partner are excited to offer this wonderful weekend in the Alberta Foothills!
YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE
Our guests continuously tell us how fantastic our food tastes and how much they look forward to every meal. Our Chef and culinary team combine the perfect amount of comfort and class in their creations. They are always seeking fresh ingredients and showcasing flavorful dishes prepared in our open kitchen. You will truly enjoy our Chef’s choice meals! With advanced notice we offer vegetarian, wheat, gluten, and dairy- free options.
THE CROSSING AT GHOST RIVER – DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE
Located on 145 rolling acres, set along the banks of the picturesque Ghost River, The Crossing offers an exceptional stay in the beautiful Ghost River Valley. During your stay, you will experience relaxing, professional, and unassuming hospitality in a natural and peaceful location. In addition to our pristine setting, our delightful rooms, comfortable common areas and amazing cuisine, your stay will be truly memorable.
BOOK YOUR GETAWAY
If you love nature and are interested in local Alberta ranching and history, this is the perfect weekend for you! Immerse yourself in this authentic Alberta culture and join our upcoming interactive ranching weekend.
Cost for the weekend is $410.00 plus taxes for single occupancy. Double occupancy is $320.00 plus taxes, per person. Book your weekend now because there is limited availability for these exclusive experiences! Reserve your spot by contacting The Crossing at 403-932-3392
WHAT TO BRING
- Small Backpack for your lunch and water bottle
- Hiking Shoes/Boots
- Camera and Binoculars (optional)
The Crossing at Ghost River and the local ranching operations adhere to all AHS guidelines. You will be participating in the activities at your own risk. A 25% deposit is required upon booking. The remaining 75% deposit will then be charged seven days before the event. Both deposits are non-refundable. However, deposits will be 100% refundable if we are unable to host the the event because of COVID restrictions.