Ghost Watershed Hiking Adventure

The Summer Weekend Experience series kicks off next month at The Crossing! The first experience is the Ghost Watershed Hiking Adventure on June 26-27, 2021. This exclusive weekend is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Take this opportunity to get out of the city for a unique weekend getaway!

The weekend includes dinner, an introduction to the Ghost Watershed, overnight accommodations, breakfast, packed lunch and an interactive hike in the Ghost Watershed with a local guide.


Escape for the weekend and discover Alberta like never before with authentic experience that immerses you in nature, culture and history.

Your weekend begins on Saturday, with a leisurely afternoon check-in. Once you are settled in, enjoy a walk to the river, lounge in the living room or take in the sunshine on the deck.

Following a wonderful dinner, you can interact with your guide from The Ghost Watershed Alliance to learn about environmental stewardship and water preservation. During the presentation, your guides will provide history of the area and explain how the society is working to protect the ecosystem. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday evening relaxing with an overnight stay in our charming Inn.

After a hearty breakfast on Sunday, you will head out to your adventure exploring the beautiful Ghost Watershed to complete your weekend.


The Ghost Watershed is located approximately 60 km west of Calgary. It contains some of the most scenic landscapes in Alberta adjacent to Banff National Park. The Ghost Watershed Alliance Society (GWAS) is a Watershed Stewardship Group (WSG). Their vision for the Watershed is to be a biologically rich headwaters ecosystem in Alberta’s Eastern Slopes that supplies abundant clean water maintained through stewardship and holistic management. Join GWAS on a hike far from the crowds to experience this beautiful part of Alberta. Learn about its flora and fauna and what you can do to help preserve it. Your guides will provide extensive information on the  history of the Ghost Watershed as well as background information on conservation. The Crossing at Ghost River in conjunction with the Ghost Watershed Alliance Society are excited to host you on this adventure weekend!


Our guests continuously tell us how good the food tastes and subsequently, how much they look forward to every meal! Our culinary team combines the perfect amount of comfort and class in their creations. They constantly seek fresh ingredients in order to showcase flavorful dishes prepared in our open kitchen. You will truly enjoy our Chef’s choice meals. With advanced notice we are pleased to offer vegetarian, wheat, gluten, and dairy-free options.


Located on 145 rolling acres, set along the banks of the picturesque Ghost River, The Crossing offers an exceptional stay in the beautiful Ghost River Valley. Experience relaxed, professional, and unassuming hospitality in a natural and peaceful location. In addition to our pristine setting, our delightful rooms, comfortable common areas and amazing cuisine, your stay will be truly memorable.


If you love nature and want to learn how stewardship groups help to provide clean and safe drinking water to Albertans, or just want to spend a peaceful weekend exploring something new, this event is ideal for you. Cost for the weekend is $410.00 plus taxes for single occupancy and $320.00 per person double occupancy plus taxes. Book your weekend soon because there are limited availability for these exclusive experiences! Reserve your spot by contacting The Crossing at 403-932-3392


  • Small Backpack for your lunch and water bottle
  • Hiking Boots
  • Rain gear
  • Sunscreen
  • Camera and Binoculars (optional)


The Crossing at Ghost River and the Ghost Watershed Alliance Society (GWAS) will adhere to all Alberta Health Services COVID-19 guidelines. You will be participating in the hike at your own risk. A 25% deposit is required upon booking. The remaining 75% deposit is charged seven days before the event. Both deposits are non-refundable. Deposits will be 100% refundable if we are unable to host the the event because of COVID restrictions.

Photo Credits: Made to Travel; The Crossing at Ghost River