Are you looking for a horseback adventure and a peaceful getaway? The Crossing and Saddle Peak Trail Rides are offering a 1 or 2 night stay and horseback riding adventure in the beautiful Ghost Valley. Just an hour from Calgary, get out of the city to experience an authentic Alberta getaway! Come enjoy a relaxing evening with a wonderful dinner, an overnight stay in our charming Inn and go on a trail ride exploring the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies.
THE CROSSING AT GHOST RIVER – DISCOVER THE DIFFERENCE
Set on 145 rolling acres, along the banks of the picturesque Ghost River, The Crossing offers an exceptional stay in the beautiful Alberta Foothills just an hour west of Calgary. You will experience relaxed, professional, and unassuming hospitality in a natural and peaceful location. Explore our beautiful surroundings, relax in our charming accommodation and enjoy wonderful meals during your peaceful stay.
THE CROSSING AT GHOST RIVER – DINING EXPERIENCE
Our guests tell us continuously how good the food tastes and similarly how much they look forward to every meal. Our Chef and culinary team combine the perfect amount of comfort and class in their creations. They constantly seek fresh ingredients to showcase flavorful dishes that are prepared in our open kitchen.
You will truly enjoy our Chef’s choice meals and with advanced notice we are pleased to offer vegetarian, wheat, gluten, and dairy-free options.
SADDLE PEAK – TRAIL RIDE EXPERIENCE
Led by a local and experienced guide, Saddle Peak is offering two different trail rides with these packages. The 1-Night Stay includes The Pringle Mountain Ride and the 2-Night Stay includes the Ghost River Ride.
Pringle Mountain Ride
The Pringle Mountain Ride is the perfect introduction to western riding and is a great “bucket list” getaway. The first afternoon ride will provide basic instruction before setting out to explore the rolling hills on the wagon trails from the 1930s. In addition, the second day will truly be a memorable experience riding up Pringle Mountain Ridge. Riders will be rewarded with panoramic views of the eastern slopes and mountain ranges as seen in movies like “Legends of the Fall”. Bring your camera!
Ghost River Ride
For the more experienced rider who wishes to explore the Ghost River Valley, this two-day adventure will be an unforgettable trip. The all-day ride crosses the Ghost River and follows the side hills of Lesseuer Creek. During the second day you will ride up Pringle Mountain Ridge and take in the panoramic views of the Rocky Mountain eastern slopes and Ghost River Valley.
BOOK YOUR TRIP TODAY!
Contact Saddle Peak at 403-922-7430 or email email@example.com to book your trip. A 25% deposit is taken when your booking is confirmed. The remaining 75% deposit is due 7 days before the event. Both deposits are non-refundable.
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking/riding boots
- Sunscreen, bug spray
- Camera and binoculars (optional, but recommended!)
Saddle Peak and The Crossing at Ghost River adhere to all Alberta Health Services COVID-19 guidelines. Depending on COVID regulations, as a result, meals may be takeout style. Come prepared with a face mask for those instances where physical distancing cannot be maintained.